Lead iOS Developer
About Pins Collective
Internet might be the largest thing that have happened to human culture since the invention of speech. All over people share ideas, opinions and artistic expressions. But these ideas seldom make it into reality. Instead we spend more and more time in front of screens in order to take part of this endless stream of creativity and inspiration. Pins Collective want to change that. We create wearbles that bring online creativity into reality.
Our first product is Pin ONE. A round LCD display that can be controlled via Bluetooth from our app. This display can view still and animated digital content in the form of GIFs. It can be attached to cloth and accessories with a needle in the same manner as classical pins.
Last year we performed a successful Kickstarter and now, as we are about to ship to our backers, we’re expanding our team in Stockholm, Sweden.
As our first inhouse iOS developer you’ll be responsible for the continued work on our iOS app. Your most important task will be to take the app from being a simple controller for the pin to be a social network for creating and sharing GIF artworks. This social network will start simple and grow in complexity as we expand the functionality with features as GIF creator, *paid/branded content, advanced analytics and algorithms for recommendations and feeds.
You’ll be a part of a small technical team and so will also contribute to strategy, backend architecture and ideation for new features. We’re a fresh company without a lot of legacy so we want our developers to grab the opportunity and use the latest and greatest technologies.
What you’ll do
- You’ll own and care for the continued development of our iOS app.
- You’ll take part in developing our user community by working with a wide range of topics from iOS UI development to backend infrastructure.
- You’ll be a part of a small startup with highly interdisciplinary roles and thus take part in solving problems in all parts of the company.
- You’ll be in close contact with our community to figure out what they want and how to build it for them.
- You’ll develop and improve Bluetooth LE capabilities related to the Pin and other future hardware products.
Who you are
- You are experienced with iOS development.
- You have an degree in computer science or similar professional experience.
- You thrive in an environment where you have lots of freedom and responsibility.
- You are an independent developer who enjoy researching and solving technical challenges.
- You have experience with or are willing to learn Firebase.
- You care for quality and performance of the product.
Get in touch
Get in touch with us if you’re interested in this job at email@example.com